So, you purchased a new monitor for gaming. It’s plugged in, set up, ready to shoot enemies, right? Not so quickly! You must know how to make the best custom setting on the monitor for gaming. More than just plug in a new monitor is to blast off. You need to change the monitor setting by yourself and change those settings in Windows to get out the best result. If it sounds awkward, don’t be afraid, because I have your back. In this guide, I’ll go through the most common setting on the monitor for gaming.
Steps To Make The Best Custom Setting On The Monitor For Gaming
After buying the best gaming monitor under 300, let’s learn to change the monitor setting. Make sure to change the monitor setting according to your desired needs and also ensure you enjoy the best gaming experience after changing the setting. Take a deep look at the steps of the best custom setting on the monitor for gaming.
Change Your Resolution and Refresh Rate
To make the best custom setting on the monitor for gaming, you must follow these simple steps and apply them.
- Scroll down the page and pick “Advanced Settings” to adjust the refresh rates.
- Choose the “Display Adapter Properties for Display 1”
- Select the maximum refresh rates.
Configuring The Color Depth
To show high-dynamic content, it is important to configure the color depth of your monitor, but the proper configuration will allow for a rich, well-blended display of colors even on an SDR monitor.
- Go to the Control Panel and navigate back to the same screen.
- Scroll to the bottom page.
- Select the “Use Color Settings,” button under “Apply the following settings.”
- Below you’ll find the drop-down menus of the color depth of your desktop, color output depth, color output format, and dynamic output range.
- To save these configurations, click Apply.
Make Sure Speakers are Turned On!
To make the best custom setting on the monitor for gaming, Ensure that speakers are turned on if they are not to apply these steps.
- First of all, ON the screen by pressing buttons.
- Set the Audio Sets and make sure that they are not silent.
- Type “Control Panel” in the start menu and press Enter.
- The control panel of Windows opens in a new window.
- Choose the Sound icon. Your new monitor should appear under the Playback tab if you are connected via Display port or HDMI.
- Right-click “Set Default Device” to choose Windows Sound output through your monitor
- Right-click again and select “Test” to ensure that the sound is transmitted properly.
Other Common Best Custom Setting On The Monitor For Gaming
The OSD menu includes all the on-screen monitor settings. Usually, this involves a time-out that you can customize to find that the menu closes too quickly.
For the best custom setting on the best gaming monitor under 300, This is an excellent way to do multi-tasking and to see two items at once if more than one screen is connected to your display, such as a console. Normally reserved for larger and ultra-wide displays.
This enables the active video input to be changed.
You can choose the format for the content you enjoy. Most of today’s displays have a wide-screen ratio of 16:9 which is default to enable. You may want to convert to 4:3 if you play a retro console. Sometimes, adjusting the ratio applies black bars to a part of the screen, so that this is not best played if you don’t need it.
In a few different ways, you can change the best custom setting on the monitor for gaming, a good monitor will boost your gaming experience. During your fun, you’re likely to get out of it, take the time to ensure it’s properly configured. You are now ready to go out and start to frag, confident of your knowledge, through this guide.