At Techtrada.com, you’re meant to get all the precise answers as well as the most useful information. Now, as far as enabling the HDR imaging(High-Dynamic-Range imaging) is concerned, it’s merely some settings that you’ll need to go through. However, prior to the settings phase, it’s best that we first analyze our question appropriately, that is “how to enable hdr on my PlayStation using my 4k monitor?” as well as have the basic info of the terms involved.
HDR does change the game!
Having the HDR imaging technique for your gaming or work stuff is indeed the best way to bring about the greatest levels of luminosity within your viewing and to make it even more enjoyable, for sure. With HDR, you can have the highest contrast ratio, which you can also refer to as greater brightness or color range, for a better understanding.
4K is worth a try!
If you are looking to know How to enable HDR on my PlayStation using my 4k Monito? then we may say that 4K on the other hand, has emerged as the increasingly popular choice of enthusiastic gamers and those doing creative tasks(graphic designing, photo/video editing). It’s best known for delivering relatively more well-defined and much sharper imaging, which is certainly the most crucial factor for you-know-who (not Voldermort, but those mentioned above!).
This explanation was, fair enough, enough for us by now (or else it’ll get boring!) and it’d be best if we move towards what the actual rage is.
Make way for the question of the day i.e.
“how to enable HDR on my PlayStation using my 4k monitor?”
If you’re a pro gaming enthusiast or even a beginner (with a separate chamber in his/her heart for the gaming world!) then for sure the Playstation, or PS4 to be more specific, will be endearing to you much more the way you love your pet or siblings. For the query of How to enable HDR on my Playstation using my 4k Monitor? Assuming this relativity to be appropriate, we’d proceed further since stressing over the PS4 significance isn’t of course what we’re up to, today!
Point to be noted:
For those of you who are unaware, an important thing to know at this point is that PlayStation 4, by default, has support for the High Dynamic Ranging (HDR). This is to give off a stunning output of video for all the streaming as well as the 4k gaming monitors.
Important Steps to follow on “how to enable hdr on my PlayStation using my 4k monitor”
Ahead is an easy way you can make HDR function over your PS4, 4k hdr monitor for Xbox one x.
What you’ll need to have:
- An HDR-capable TV with native support for HDR10 format (usually 4k or 2k)
- Your PS4 connection with a fine-quality HDMI Cable
- A streaming video service or a game, basically any HDR-enabled content (Also, you can look for enabling the HDR setting within the application menu)
- The system software should be updated least up 7.0 or of course, above than that
How to check if your TV supports HDR or not?
Follow these two steps to know:
- Navigate to the Video Output Information option within the Video Output Settings. You shall find these settings in the Sound and Screen Settings within your PS4’s Settings.
- Look for the “Supported” status underneath the HDR label.
Note: This shall only be visible if your display does support HDR.
How to enable HDR on my PlayStation using my 4k Monitor? Things You Need To Know
Just follow these guidelines and you’ll be conveniently able to take your screen viewing level to another thrilling level!
- Look for which HDMI ports on your TV provide the support for HDR content, or for the best monitor for watching movies. You’ll need to refer to your gadget’s manual provided by the manufacturer.
- You’ll need to ensure that your TV’s HDMI ports are in an HDR-content-enabling setting (In other words, the ports should be set to enable the HDR content!). Remember: There are certain terminologies in the user manual you’ll come across, however, all are meant to refer to the same thing i.e. HDR. These terms may include:
- Wide Color Mode
- HDMI Enhanced Mode
- HDR (of course!)
- Ultra HD Premium
- UHD Color Mode
- Ultra HD deep color
Don’t you forget that they are merely privileged (or fancy!) terms for HDR, by various TV manufacturers.
- Next comes the connection of the PS4 to the HDMI port through the Premium HDMI cable. There’s one thing that must be ensured at this point that your TV must only be connected directly to the PS4 via an output HDR. Don’t create a connection with a switch box or even a receiver.
- Navigate to the Video Output Settings option in the Sound and Screen section. You’ll find this within your PS4 settings. Further settings will be done in the Video Output Settings Menu. What requires to be set here is the “Automatic” option for both the Deep Color Output Settings as well as the HDR.
- The majority of the applications come with a by-default indicator icon for showing that the content is HDR enabled. Also, you’ll need to make sure that your content is HDR enabled for those video streaming apps.
In addition to “how to enable hdr on my PlayStation using my 4k monitor”, there are certain further adjustments of the PS4 HDR settings, which you can benefit from while making use of the HDR Calibration Option.
- Navigate to the Video Output Settings option in the Sound and Screen section within your PS4’s Settings.
- Select “Adjust HDR” opinion in the Video Output Settings menu, followed by acting upon the on-screen instruction.
To Sum Up:
This was a pretty easy comprehension of “how to enable hdr on my PlayStation using my 4k monitor” which will help you considerably in making the most out of all your gaming as well as the video streaming. Do read it thoroughly and have fun ahead!