How To Connect Two Monitors To a Laptop Using HDMI?
How To Connect Two Monitors To a Laptop HDMI?
Most people face problems while connecting two monitors with a single HDMI port of their laptop. To the solution of this problem, you can have many methods but in this article, we will only discuss the two most common methods by using which you can easily connect two monitors to a laptop HDMI. You can easily split the view of the screen of your laptop by following these entirely quick and easy techniques.
So here we will start to study these two ways to connect 2 different monitors with the same laptop HDMI. It is not rocket science as well. If you have sufficient knowledge then you can easily get the job done. In this regard, you can practice the following ways.
1. Use USB External Display Adapter To Add Monitors
These USB adapters have the capability to turn your single USB port into two separate HDMI or display ports. You can use them very easily by considering the following steps in regard.
- These most common USB adapters convert your USB port into an HDMI port, VGA port, or DVI port as well.
See Also: Where Can I Sell My Laptop?
- You have to install the driver software of the adapter before using it. The software comes with the adapter as well. They help the adapters to work correctly. If you do not get driver software with your adapter then you can easily download it from the manufacturer’s site. This allows the communication of your laptop to the adapter via a USB port and converts the USB port into multiple display ports simultaneously.
- After the installation of the driver, now shut your computer down or restart it. Plug your USB adapter in the correct port of your laptop. Then turn your computer on and let it complete the full boot before forwarding it towards the next step.
- Then set the monitors to make a perfect flow between the mouse cursor of the monitors and the laptop as well.
- In the Start Menu select DIsplay.
- In the display settings, you will see a second and third display. So at that place adjust the display of your monitors just as they are positioned by your laptop to get a perfect result.
2. Using Thunderbolt Port As Second Monitor
If you are an owner of a new laptop then you will not have an idea about the thunderbolt port of your laptop. You can have these ports in both MacBooks and Windows 10 laptops as well. This port can be seen near the power adapter port.
These ports are less likely to be found in older laptops but all new laptops have these thunderbolt ports. With the following simple steps, you can connect your laptop with monitors using a thunderbolt port.
- With this port, you can plug into a docking station using a single cable.
- You can have audio, video, and even data connection ports in a docking station. And most importantly, they also provide two ports for monitors through a single cable. That is the most important thing which we require.
- If you do not want to spend more money on expensive docking stations then you can buy a less expensive and budget-friendly thunderbolt adapter as well. And if you have another HDMI port in your laptop then it means that you can connect up to 3 monitors with your laptop despite your laptop’s own display as well.
- Using a dock or hub means the same thing that you are doing. In this thunderbolt process, you have to plug the thunderbolt cable in your laptop and then plug the monitors’ cable in the appropriate ports accordingly.
- Then set the display of both the monitors just according to your requirements and needs.
IN this article we have described the very common and very easy ways of connecting your single laptop’s HDMI with two monitors. With these devices and techniques, you can easily overcome this problem and make your way towards a perfect display while using a single HDMI or thunderbolt port of your Laptop. These connecting of two monitors with single HDMI methods are very handy and easy to be practiced for all people as well.
These methods are suggested by our experts and they do not have any kind of flaw or adverse effect that may cause malfunctioning of your laptop. At techtrada.com you will always get authentic knowledge and information about the modern techs of the present around the globe. You can also have the most useful guide to operate and troubleshoot different issues as well. S keep visiting us to get the most probable information of the modern days.