Lenovo ThinkPad Dual Monitor Setup:
Lenovo ThinkPad is an incredible machine to invest in and get your everyday tasks fine computing. Besides, what we are up to discussing today is the functionality that’s a major requirement for several tasks of working and communicating these days, i.e. Dual Monitor Setup (the feature of operating two screens simultaneously from one computer)
Lenovo ThinkPads do (of course!) support Dual monitor setups and today we’ll be learning how to set up and use multiple monitors on WIndows in Lenovo ThinkPad. Prior to jumping to the method, Techtrada recommends you keep the manual of your Lenovo ThinkPad model in hand for the purpose of convenience, as you’ll be needing it for certain identifications.
Salient Aspects Of The Complete Guide On Lenovo ThinkPad Dual Monitor Setup
Looking for the Support
The first and foremost step to be done in this regard is to ensure the fact that whether or not the system of your laptop supports dual monitor setup. For this, you have to check the sides as well as the back of your laptop to look for connectors. These include HDMI, VGA, and DVI port
P.S. this is the point where you have to refer to the relative device manual, so as to identify the ports and corresponding cables.
Switching with Keyboard Shortcut
Setting up dual monitors becomes a lot easier when you are dealing with Windows. On your laptop, plug in the intended monitor into the right port and you should be able to develop a monitor extension, right away. After this, you can easily have the dragging and dropping of necessary files amongst the connected monitors.
As for the shortcut key, you have to press the Windows key along with P on your keyboard. You can select one of the following setup options:
Ahead is the description of the multi-monitor setup and the functionalities they provide
PC Screen Only
Here only the primary monitor is in use. Remember that number 1 indicates Primary monitor
Duplicate desktop is shown as Secondary monitor
Both monitors function together for an extended monitor
Second Screen Only
Only the second monitor is in use
Configuration Of Display Settings
Follow these steps to configure the display settings:
- On any empty area of the desktop, right-click and select the option of Screen Display, if you’re using a new version of Windows. If your system has got an older one, this option will be shown as Screen Resolution.
- Click on Identify. This will show numbers on respective displays. Keep in mind that 1 is the primary screen.
- For the purpose of rearranging displays, click on the number boxes or you can drag them, as well.
- Locate the drop-down list named Multiple displays. Here you can either select the option of Duplicate these displays or Extend these displays.
Point to be noted: If there are no additional monitors listed, try clicking Detect. You can also go for restarting your laptop and follow the above-mentioned steps of switching with a keyboard shortcut. (Win+P).
Some Other Solutions
- You might need to change your cursor setting when working when you are using both a non-touchscreen monitor and a touchscreen one with the same PC. Look for (search) Tablet PC Settings, followed by tapping or clicking on Setup. Select the Touch Input option by clicking or tapping, followed by acting upon the given instructions.
- You can also add a taskbar to the desktop screen of each monitor. This way, you’ll be able to switch between multiple apps and files more swiftly. For this, you need to look for the Taskbar and Navigation. Post that, you need to select the Show taskbar on all displays under the Multiple displays. Finish off by choosing the preferable option.
We have high hopes for this Complete Guide On Lenovo ThinkPad Dual Monitor Setup to be really troubleshooting for you. Using multiple monitors is an excellent and effective way to not just increase your productivity but also a good way to extend communication. This way, you can deal with multiple setups at the same time.
Also, the multi-monitor setup goes functional for many purposes and under several circumstances, as well. We’ve come up with this precise and comprehensive guide for you to get done with this setup in the most seamless ways. Wish you the easiest tech operating until next time!