Method To Rename a Bluetooth Device on My Mac
The Bluetooth devices have nonspecific and generic names. Frankly speaking, the names of the devices may vary if they are from different manufacturers, but the Bluetooth devices of the same make and model will have the same exact names. It will be a very arduous task to give each device a separate name.
To overcome this problem, you will find that you can rename your Bluetooth devices on your desktop or MacBook. Here is a quick guide about how you can rename any Bluetooth device on macOS. So let’s have a quick review of the following steps.
Renaming a Bluetooth Device In macOS
You can rename the Bluetooth wireless devices on macOS only after it has been paired with your Mac. By observing the following simple steps, you can easily change the name of your Bluetooth device on your Mac.
- Click the apple logo present on the top left corner of your Mac’s screen, to open a menu.
- Select “System Preferences” using the dropdown menu.
- In the next window, move towards the Bluetooth settings.
- You can only change the name of the Bluetooth accessories that are paired or connected with your Mac at that time.
- After your wireless device, it will appear in the Bluetooth settings. Now double click the specific device or touch the trackpad of your Mac with two fingers for further options. Now select the rename option to edit the name of your desired device.
- Now a pop-up window will appear where you can designate your Bluetooth device with a new name.
- The length of the name can be as long as 64 characters or it can be an emoji as well.
- To bring the emoji picker, you have to press the Command+Control+Space keyboard shortcut.
- After allotting a new name, now click the “Rename” to save the recent changes.
- You cannot see this update instantly on the quick settings available in the menu bar.
- To see these changes, you have to reboot your Mac.
Note: The name of your device will only be restricted to your Mac. Your Bluetooth device will show up its default name when you will use it with another Mac, computer, or phone.
The Final Verdict!
Techtrada.com always tries to bring up the perfect solutions to your modern problems regarding the most recent and tricky technology nowadays. Here in this article, we have described the detailed guideline about the query, how you can rename your Bluetooth device on your Mac?
We hope that after going through this short and brief article now you can easily edit the names of your wireless devices that are connected with your Mac. Furthermore, there are several Bluetooth preferences you can find in the Bluetooth settings that can improve your wireless device experience on macOS.